Sunday Seven Week 5

This week I decided to use my blog for my Sunday Seven so I could actually post some pictures of my kids.

Every other month we take individual formal photos of our kids. Since I had to find cute outfits for everyone anyway, we took our updated version of a family photo. This picture is definitely staged and  not documentary style, but I waned to share it anyway. This picture makes my kids look like angels and that is not typical everyday life lol. But, this might be the best family picture with 8 kids under 4 4 ever!

I am so thankful for my Ninja blender. I used it 4-5 times a day to blend food for my kids who need that, but more recently I have also been using it to blend food for our littlest guy. This is right after blending up peas, the rest of this tray was later in the week filled with sweet potatoes. 

Here was a cute project we did in preschool this week. We didn't have school in December for many reasons, so we took the month of January to lean about Christmas


Holding Baby A is a favorite among all the kids, sometimes it is even used as a reward :)


Here is one view of the Superbowl Party

One of my favorite times of the day is just before bedtime. We all gather together to read books, sing songs, and pray. These two books represent our current evenings. We have been working through the Story Bible, each night reading a couple of stories from it. This week we have had some fantastic discussions about what happens after you die, how Jesus died for us on the cross because of how much he loved us but then rose again, how Jesus is with us everywhere we go-even when we go with our new families, and how we can ask Jesus to come into our hearts. Of course, all of these big topics were on a toddler level, but I could tell they were starting to understand a little more and I pray that they hide these truths in their hearts forever. We have also read the Blessing Book the last couple of days, which has helped us identify things we are thankful for. Most of our kid led prayers say "Thank you for (a name of a person)" and repeat as they say every person in the room. I have been encouraging them to think of more things they are thankful for and they have started to identify new things on their own! My kids are so precious.


*Children of the Promise has given explicit permission for the posting of photos on this site. Photos taken of children in the care of Children of the Promise are not to be posted publicly without explicit permission given by Children of the Promise.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Worlds of Medical Care

All I Really Want For Christmas

A little bit of a lot --Haiti thoughts, A Water Truck Run, How lucky I am, and Encouragement