"Boys Become Kings, Girls will be Queens"

Little hands, shoeless feet, lonely eyes looking back at me
Will we leave behind the innocent too brief
On their own, on the run when their lives have only begun
These could be our daughters and our sons
And just like a drum I can hear their hearts beating
I know my God won’t let them be defeated
Every child has a dream to belong and be loved

Chorus:
Boys become kings, girls will be queens
Wrapped in Your majesty
When we love, when we love the least of these
Then they will be brave and free
Shout your name in victory
When we love when we love the least of these
When we love the least of these

Break our hearts once again
Help us to remember when
We were only children hoping for a friend
Won’t you look around these are the lives that the world has forgotten
Waiting for doors of our hearts and our homes to open

CHORUS

If not us who will be like Jesus
To the least of these
If not us tell me who will be like Jesus
Like Jesus to the least of these


Boys become kings, girls will be queens
Wrapped in your majesty
When we love, when we love the least of these
Then they will be brave and free shout your name in victory
We will love we will love the least of these
We will love the least of these
We will love the least of these
We will love the least of these
We will love the least of these
We will love the least of these


This song hits home far too well for me. Right from the begining. "Little hands, shoeless feet, lonely eyes looking back at me." I cannot tell you how many times I've seen all three of these together. A child looking for a little ounce of love. I've seen too many children naked and forgotten. Too many children are left to fend for themselves each and every day at too young of an age.

"Will we leave behind the innocent too brief. On their own, on the run when their lives have only begun" what can we do to help these beauties?


"These could be our daughters and our sons And just like a drum I can hear their hearts beating" This has became more and more relevant to my life. As I work with children in the process of adoption and as my heart desires more and more each day to adopt a beautiful Haitian child. These children are not like children in the states. When playing with a child on the streets--those ones who look at you with those lonely eyes I try to find a connecting point. Whether its through a laugh, through a story, through a hug, through a tiny smile, or through a conversation. When that connection happens I feel their heart beating. Its almost like a new heart beat is pulsing through them. Maybe its because they have experienced Jesus in a tangible way for the first time or maybe its because for a brief second they could forget about their life--one no person should ever have to live.

"I know my God won’t let them be defeated" This is the only thing that gets me through the day sometimes. Knowing that my God has a heart bigger than I do for Haiti, knowing He dearly loves and cares for each one of the Haitians, and knowing that His plan is way more complex than I could ever understand and that it is for good offers me so much hope and joy. Without this hope and joy, I'm pretty sure I'd be depressed and wouldn't be able to survive life in Haiti.

"Every child has a dream to belong and be loved" This is so true. I don't care what you have to say. I don't care what race, nationality, love language, religion, age, you desire this. Its not even just children, its every human being. We are wired to be with people, we want to feel like we matter and need to know we are loved and belong somewhere. How can you show someone that they are loved?

"Break our hearts once again" This is my daily prayer, God break my heart once again in each and every situation I am in. Break my heart for what breaks yours.

"Help us to remember when We were only children hoping for a friend" We where all there at one point. We know how it feels. Yes God, help us reach back in our memories and remember what it feels like so we can relate, so we are moved to help others not feel the same way.

"Won’t you look around these are the lives that the world has forgotten Waiting for doors of our hearts and our homes to open" Many of these beautiful children the world has forgotten. The beautiful children in Haiti, the beautiful children that spend their lives in and out of homeless shelters, the beautiful children who have disabilities and cannot function on their own, the beautiful children who cry from the inside each day for them to not be lonely (no matter what the income level, housing status, or nationality). Help us to not forget these children of Yours. Why do we have to wait for the doors of our hearts and our homes to open? Let them open now. Open them wide open.

"If not us who will be like Jesus To the least of these, If not us tell me who will be like Jesus
Like Jesus to the least of these"
Who will? We need to be Jesus to everyone around us. In my opinion, in some way, we are all "the least of these". We need to be Jesus to our neighbors, to the orphans, to the elderly, to our family, to our pastors, to our enemies, to our friends, to our co-workers, to our classmates, and to everyone we encounter. We are called to be Jesus in a tangible way to this world. We are ambassadors of The Kingdom of God. How are you fulfilling that role?


"Boys become kings, girls will be queens Wrapped in your majesty" What beauty that picture paints. Because we are wrapped in your majesty we can become kings and queens. The "forgotten" can become kings and queens. Amazing!

"When we love, when we love the least of these Then they will be brave and free shout your name in victory. We will love we will love the least of these" That is a huge call to each one of us. When we love they will be brave and free to shout your name in victory. Those of us who can already to that can only do it because someone has done that for us. Someone has loved us and made us feel like we belong. Most of us where blessed to have a parent do that. If not a parent maybe a grandparent, a teacher, a church leader, a friend, a mentor, an older sibling, or someone. It is then our job to do that for somoene else. How could we let someone feel so unloved that they cannot be brave, they cannot shout your name in victory? The thought of someone feeling that way makes me sick in my stomach, it makes me want to cry. How can we let someone feel unloved? We each have a huge calling on our lives to fulfil this. It doesn't matter where we live or what we do, our job is to make God's love known to each and every person we encounter.

I heard this song for the first time tonight and it really spoke to me. Every word jumped out and screamed a call to action. The things I wrote in here are not things I can cross off my list, I'm challenging myself to do the same. Do not take your calling lightly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All I Really Want For Christmas

Two Worlds of Medical Care

A little bit of a lot --Haiti thoughts, A Water Truck Run, How lucky I am, and Encouragement