Experience

Today I finally had a chance to go to the Wound Clinic here in Haiti and help with the redressing of wounds. I had been there once before but only did the pharmacy side of things (which was a good experience too, but not as good). I saw things I never thought I would see and helped give care to wounds bigger than I could describe. I saw some tendons, blood, burns, and absesses. I had to scrub the dead skin off a burn and pick out dried on something or other. It was disgusting! I can't wait to go back and learn more medical skills-hands on.

Anyway, this got me thinking about the experiences I've had since I've been in Haiti. Some are ones I had before, but many are ones I would never have dreamed I would have had. Here's a list of everything I can think of (I'm sure I'm forgetting some).

Nurse
Pharmacist
Nanny
Mother
Disciplinarian
Seamstress
Employee
Employer
Employee Hire-er (I don't know what this is called)
Supervisor
Friend
Confidant
Tour Guide
Payroll giver
Advice Giver
Donation Collector
Cook
Sewing Machine Repair person
Pray-er
Electrician
Song Leader
Translator
Host person
Go to person
Informant
Water refiller
Nerve Calmer
Hair model
Babysitter
Advisor
Lock upper
Plan maker
Communicator
Lifeguard
Lover
Love-e

And my mind stops there... I'm sure theres more, but that's all I'm coming up with now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Worlds of Medical Care

All I Really Want For Christmas

A little bit of a lot --Haiti thoughts, A Water Truck Run, How lucky I am, and Encouragement